Here are some running tips and traps for every one of the individuals why should arranging begin this activity administration routinely. Running is a most loved activity of the vast majority of us, would it say it isn’t? This is likely in light of the fact that it is so natural and needs no venture aside from some time. In any case, running the correct way is extremely key keeping in mind the end goal to get greatest advantage of the activity.
Jogging is one of the most popular forms of exercise. It is healthy, strengthens the cardiovascular system, helps in weight loss, prevents excessive weight gain, and most importantly it is complete fun. Jogging is one of the best and healthiest sports. It strengthens the muscles and the cardiovascular system, increases fitness levels, and burns calories. It is the best way of relieving stress and it increases stamina. You do not need to invest in any exercise equipment for this effective exercise. However, there are specific jogging tips and tricks to get the best results.
Basic Tips to Follow
- Do not go for a jog in hazy air. Instead jog indoors as haze can cause difficult breathing conditions. Going for a jog only in fresh air, not in polluted air is one of the most important tips for beginners. Also jogging on grass is a great idea.
- Never go for a jog on an uneven surface or a slope. Doing this might lead to an injury and pain in legs and reduce the benefits of this exercise.
- Remember to stretch your body after jogging, especially in winter as your body takes more time compared to summers to warm up. You can do exercises like push ups and sit ups.
- Don’t start jogging all off a sudden, do it slowly and systematically. First start walking faster and then start going. This will not put a sudden pressure on your body.
- Remember to breathe through your nose while jogging. The nose maintains the balance between oxygen and carbon dioxide with the help of cilia and mucosa membranes. These are the barriers for unwanted air particles, so breathing through your mouth is completely unhealthy.
- Get ready for a jog by donning proper gear. Wear branded shoes, especially designed for jogging and wear a proper outfit that will absorb sweat. Using bright colors is good if you go for a jog in early morning when it is dark.
- Smoking decreases the stamina, so better quit smoking.
- Remember, if you are overweight, you must first consult your doctor before starting jogging. Also if you have a history of any leg joint pain, you must first talk to your doctor. Your doctor might suggest walking in this case.
- To make your exercise more interesting and fun filled you can take an iPod with you. Music and jogging together will help relax your mind.
- If you feel any strain or pain after jogging, you must consult your doctor before going for a jog again.
Tips for Effective Jogging
Warm-up: Before you start jogging, do a 10 minutes warm-up. Jog with ease after you have sufficiently done your warm ups.
Start Running: Start jogging slowly after walking fast for a while. Those who are jogging for the first time or after a long gap must alternate between jogging and walking after every 2 minutes. Jog for 10 to 20 minutes in the beginning. As your stamina and fitness levels increases day by day, extend the workout time by two minutes. The walking breaks remain the same. Gradually you can increase the time to 30-45 minutes.
Stretch after Jogging: Doing stretching and relaxation exercises is very essential after jogging. Concentrate on your leg muscles while doing these.
Speed of Jogging: The right speed is very important for experiencing maximum benefit. Jogging too fast will cause quick exhaustion. Also jogging too slow will be of no use. Jog at a speed at which you can have a conversation with no difficulty.
Duration and Frequency: It is ideal to jog for 30 to 45 minutes for 3 to 4 times a week.
Proper Jogging Technique
- Your back must be straight and the head and the spinal column must form a straight line
- Tighten your abdominal muscles in order to maintain the correct posture
- Keep your shoulders relaxed while jogging
- Roll through the entire step from heel to toe
- Swing your arms energetically when jogging. This will help to balance your body.
- Breathe throughout the exercise slowly and regularly
- Keep your fingers loose, do not clench your fists as it can cause cramping in the arms
- Your feet should be parallel to the direction you are running in. It will be easy on the bones, knees, and your back.
These were some basic tips for jogging. Remember to consult your doctor if you have not done any physical activities for a long period of time or if you have any health restrictions. The above mentioned tips will help you derive all the health benefits and make your jogging session effective to get the maximum benefit.